Thursday, December 11, 2008

Zane's Christmas Stocking

After a relatively slow, calm, peaceful week...tonight was not. The kids had a band concert at the high school tonight. We were there from 6-8:30. And, there was a parent meeting afterwards about an upcoming trip. So, I just got home about 15 minutes ago! How is it that sitting in a fine arts building listening to lovely Christmas music can just zap your energy? Our youngest muffin slept through about an hour of the concert.
So, I was trying to decide what kind of picture to post for my DPP. As I gaze around the house, I came upon one of my very favorite Christmas items. It's Zane's Christmas stocking. My mother was a avid cross-stitcher...and I picked it up after many years of watching her sit in her rocker with her needlework on her lap. When Zane was a baby, he used to sleep with one arm over his head. Sometimes he'd sleep with his arm over his eyes. When I saw this pattern, I knew I had to do it! It looks just like him! Well, it was a ton of work, and I had to sew the stocking together...ugh! But, it turned out beautifully, and he's worth it! He loves to have something that is his and no one has anything like it. I think it's kind of nice that he has something special...just for him.





2 comments:

Loveandadoor said...

Beautiful! I love stockings... the one you made is exquisite! Lots of love put into it I know. Thanks for sharing all of your Christmas memories. I am enjoying reading them.

Lynn said...

Love the stocking!! It's gorgeous. I used to cross-stitch and I know how much work that is. Plus all the back-stitching!! Yikes! What a treasure for him to have. Did you do it for all the kids?