Monday, December 31, 2007

Vacation! Etc...

Well...I'm sitting here with the 4 youngest watching an episode of the Justice League. Do you remember that show? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, The Flash, Jean Jones... fighting crime. We got the season 1 collection and are loving it. We also got season 1 and 2 of Gilligan's Island. Now THAT is great! I used to race home after school and watch Gilligan with my brother. We could identify any episode within about 10 seconds. I love the one where the mad scientist comes to the island to "rescue" the gang. Then, he takes them to his secret island lab and switches their brains. Gilligan switches with Mr. Howell, Skipper with Mrs. Howell, Maryann with Professor, and Ginger with Igor (the scientists sidekick). I also like the one when Gilligan finds a box of vegetable seeds. They grow a garden but don't realize that the seeds are radioactive. Gilligan eats spinich and gets super strength...Maryann eats carrots and gets super sight. Mrs. Howell eats sugar beets and gets super energy. The kids have loved them.
We had a quiet Christmas day. I made a nice lunch and we spent the day with the toys and trying to clean up the mess. On Thursday, we went over to Roger's sister's house for dinner. We had a nice time with Peter, Grace, and all the Davis family. Josh, our nephew, was here and brought his girlfriend, Maggie. I have to say that it makes me feel old to see him with a girl. I met Josh when he was 2...now he's 23! On Saturday, my aunt, uncle, and brother came over for a little Christmas celebration.
Zack left on Thursday with the band to go to Orlando and march in the Citrus Bowl Parade. He's called us every day and sounds good. He is having a good time, but we're ready for him to come home. They leave on Tuesday and get back Wed. evening.
We don't have any plans for New Year's Eve. Katie is having a couple friends over to spend the night. I like it that the ball in New York falls at 11:00 p.m. so we don't have to wait until midnight to watch it fall.
I'm trying to get stuff done while we're on vacation. I broke it to the kids that I want them to each do one lesson of school each day this week. They took it well... Katie is one week behind in her history, so this will help her catch up. I also have my list of things to get done. I try to get one or two done each day. I love crossing things off the list! We took the tree down last night, but it will probably take Roger a couple of days to get it, and all the Christmas stuff, up in the attic.
Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and has a safe New Year.

1 comment:

Jarrod Flaming said...

Very fun! We just recently introduced our kids to Gilligan's Island too! They loved them. Isn't it funny how that can come back around? Now when I watch, I sort of think, "How simple and bad acting", but man, it was real back then! I still can enjoy The Lone Ranger like that.

Hey! How come our blog doesn't rank amongst your 'friends' list? :) Love you guys!!