Saturday, December 22, 2007

PTL for Vacation

There is no way for kids to ever understand that parents and teachers can be as excited...or more excited...that vacation is here!! I adore my children. I love being able to have them home and teaching them. But, thank you Lord! As much as I love homeschooling, to do it right requires time, energy and effort. What a treat to have the freedom relax for a little while. I am so excited to have time to get a few things done. "What things?", you may ask. I'm going to read a couple magazines, watch some movies with the kids (they're getting the 2nd season of Gilligan's Island for Christmas), do a little cleaning and clearing out, play some games (Katie is getting a Horseopoly game...so I'm sure we'll be busy with that), and just anything we feel like. We'll be getting together with Roger's family on Thursday and my family will be here on Saturday.
Last night we gathered at the church and had a movie night. We watched "The Nativity Story". If you haven't had a chance to see this movie, let me just encourage you to get a copy of it. It will become a movie you will want to make a part of your yearly tradition. It is such a wonderful movie. We had popcorn and drinks and watched the movie in the worship center. It was a great way to spend the evening.
I wish I had something more interesting to write. I'll try to squeeze in more on my wonderful, lazy vacation! Have a wonderful Christmas

No comments: