Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here's a little bit of humor. You don't need to adjust the color on your computer...it really is neon lime green. Just a word of wisdom for any of you expectant moms out there. I know you feel big when you're 8 months pregnant. And, it seems like a good idea to get a Dorothy Hamil haircut, or to change your hair color from brown to platinum blond, or to spend money on outfits you think will make you feel better about your blossoming figure. Please! And I say this with all the heartfelt sympathy a person can have who has been there... Don't do ANYTHING! Once that baby comes you will be saddled with the repercussions of these disastrous decisions. Hence...a neon lime green capri outfit. I bought this when I was 8 months pregnant with my 4th baby. (That means I've had it for over 11 years!) I was on a trip with my husband. While he went to conference meetings all day, I hung out at the hotel with all the wives. I felt huge. I was in a hotel that had an adjoining mall and I wandered into a shop that just looked so bright and fun! I came out with this.



I planned to wear it after the baby came. I honestly don't think I've ever worn it. Maybe once. It will make someone really happy, but not me. When I see it in my closet I always have a twinge of guilt that I don't wear this. Eleven years...
Here it is: I wasted my money on this outfit and now I'm getting rid of it. Simplify.

3 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Wow! That is some outfit. Can't believe you didn't wear it out! I'm sure I have had plenty of outfits like that. Like right now, I have a coral shawl that I got from Coldwater Creek LAST SUMMER! What was I thinking?!

And simplify...sounds like you are well on your way. What a calming, beautiful idea to simplify. Unless you have lots of nail polish that you made a mistake buying!

Hugs!

Adelia said...

Love it! I nearly cut my hair this last go around. I'm glad I fought the STRONG urge.

We are in a season of simplifying as well. It's such a nice thing.

Thanks for posting that wonderful outfit. :)

Heather said...

Hmm... I just hit the 8 mo. mark, I will try very hard to remember your advice.

We are trying to simplify too, for many of the reasons that you mentioned. It's great to hear your thoughts about it.