Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sleepless in Siloam

Why am I up this late!! Well, it's because Roger has gone on a little fishing trip with Zane and I just don't like it when he's gone. I don't like it when Zane's gone either, but I can't sleep when Roger is gone. So, I ALWAYS stay up way too late and have to really focus and not let me imagination run away with me. It's so amazing how one or two less people in the house changes the whole dynamic. When I was tucking Sam into bed last night, he sighed and said, "Oh good. Tomorrow's Saturday. We can sleep in." Sleep in!! He can't stay in bed past 7:00 a.m. Ever! Now I, on the other hand, could stay in bed indefinitely. When Roger wakes up, he's shoots out of bed and is off to get ready for the day. Not me. I like to lay in bed for 5 or 10 minutes and just do a little thinking, especially when I'm snuggled under my down comforter and it's cold outside.
What else... Nothing. I got nothing. Actually, I do have some things to post about, but I guess I'm tired enough that I'd rather go to bed.

2 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Jim brought up in conversation, once again, how my idea of a dreamy day would be to stay in bed all day. Yeah, so......

Wendy said...

I'd love to get right out of bed and make coffee. It's the only way I can fully wake up. But I've got snuggle-bunnies that believe I should keep my arms wrapped around them for at least 20 minutes or so before I move. So I've learned to be still, enjoy the quiet, and just feel their warmth. Coffee can wait, right? Half the time, I almost fall back asleep on the couch, just snuggling!